Anticipated Openings, 2017-18 Academic Year
Graduate Teaching Assistantships
- (1) Concert Band
- (1) Choral
- (1) Orchestral Strings
- (1) Blue Thunder Marching Band (more information)
- (1) Jazz*
- *Eligibility Requirement: identify as a member of at least one racial and ethnic group historically underrepresented in graduate education: American Indian/Alaska Native, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, Native Hawaiian/ Other Native Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino.
- Please email Dr. Alex Noppe, Director of Jazz Studies (email@example.com) for more information about the Jazz GTA.
The Boise State University Department of Music and the Keith Stein Blue Thunder Marching Band have GTA openings for Fall 2017, and seek applications from qualified individuals interested in pursuing the Master of Music degree.
Graduate Teaching Assistants must be enrolled full-time, and making normal progress toward the Master of Music degree, in Music Education or Performance, limited to 12 credit hours per semester. Students in all areas are encouraged to apply.
Boise State University Department of Music is fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music. For admission application information: graduatecollege.boisestate.edu/futuregraduatestudents
- Minimum yearly stipend of $9,131
- Tuition Waiver (including out of state tuition waiver)
- Medical insurance coverage
- Renewable for a second year
- Master of Music in Performance
- Master of Music in Music Education