Boise State University Symphony Orchestra
Who We Are!
The Boise State University Symphony Orchestra’s season consists of four major orchestral concerts, along with participation in All-Departmental activities such as the Annual Holiday Concert, opera, musical, and sponsoring the Annual Concerto-Aria Competition Concert. Auditions are held each Fall and Spring for participation in the University Orchestra Program. We invite you to come play with us!
- Gustav Holst -“The Planets”
- Boise State University Symphony Orchestra
- Family Holiday Concert
- John Corigliano’s “Pied Piper Fantasy”
What We Are Playing This Fall!
Sunday, September 24, 7:30 pm, Velma Morrison Center Main Hall
- Rossini-Overture to “William Tell”
- Copland-Variations on a Shaker Melody
- Vaughan Williams-English Folk Song Suite (III. March-“Folk Songs from Somerset”)
- Ives-Variations on “America”
- deFalla-Spanish Dance #1 from “La Vida Breve”
- Borodin-In the Steppes of Central Asia
- Grieg-Peer Gynt Suite #1 (Morning Mood, Ase’s Death, and Hall of the Mountain King)
- Dvorak-Slavonic Dance in e minor, Op. 72 #2
Sunday, October 29, 7:30 pm, Velma Morrison Center Main Hall
“Halloween Spook-tacular: “Brush Up Your Shakespeare!”
An evening of music by composers inspired by the great William Shakespeare!
- Bernstein-“West Side Story”
- Mendelssohn-Incidental Music from “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”
- Vaughan Williams-“Fantasia on Greensleeves” from the opera Sir John In Love
- Walton-“Passacaglia: The Death of Falstaff” from 2 Pieces for Strings from the film music Henry V
- Smetana-Symphonic Poem, “Richard III”
- Tchaikovsky-Incidental Music to “Hamlet”
- Thomas-“Brindisi” from the opera “Hamlet”
Dr. Lynn Berg, baritone
Emcee, Dr. Richard Klautsch
Where You Can Find Us!
Unless otherwise noted, our concerts are held in
The Velma Morrison Center for the Performing Arts
Boise State University, Boise, ID
Convenient hourly public parking for non-Boise State parking permit holders attending Music Department events is available just south of the Morrison Center in the Brady Street Garage for $3 per hour. Cash and credit/debit cards are accepted at the kiosk.