Low Brass Camp
Wednesday, July 5 – Saturday, July 8, 2017
The Boise State Low Brass Camp provides an environment for trombone, euphonium, and tuba students to explore their instrument and develop the proper skills needed to excel. The 2017 camp is open to students entering grades 6-12, and graduating seniors. Students have the opportunity to break into focus groups based on their ability level. Topics addressed include chamber music, proper embouchure, breathing, tone production, musicality, ensemble playing, proper warm up techniques, instrument care, jazz improvisation, and performance art.
***New this year!***
We are hosting guest artists Tromboteam! Members of Tromboteam are professional artists from across the country. They will serve as the camp faculty this summer.
We are also hosting a solo competition in 2017! Details on the camp website.
Camp activities include group warm ups, clinics, private lessons with guest artists, chamber music, and large ensemble. The camp culminates with a final concert on Saturday, July 8. Campers perform on the concert, as well as camp faculty. All activities will take place in the Morrison Center for the Performing Arts.
Summer Chamber Music Camp
Monday, June 5 – Friday, June 9, 2017
- Grades 7-12, instrumental and vocal
- Tuition: $250
- On-site housing, meal ticket and private lesson options are available at additional cost. The camp curriculum includes small and large ensembles, music theory, camp choir, musical theatre, music appreciation, as well as master classes in string, woodwind, brass, percussion, piano, voice, jazz improvisation and more. Returning this year by popular demand is our “Total Percussion,” providing instruction on keyboard percussion, snare drumming, set playing, marching band percussion, and percussion ensemble performance for students with at least one year of percussion playing experience. Our popular “Chamber Camp Idol” skit and talent extravaganza will be performed for family and friends on Thursday night. A “Camp Finale” concert is presented on Friday evening, where Campers showcase what they have been working on over the week, and Camper awards are presented. There is no admission charge for the Finale Concert.
- Applications are available here, through area school music teachers, or by email at BSUChamberCamp@boisestate.edu. The application deadline is 5 p.m. on Friday, May 19, 2017
- String players are required to send a pre-screening audition recording.
- (208) 426-1772 | BSUChamberCamp@boisestate.edu.
Director: Prof. Marcellus Brown