Summer Chamber Music Camp
Monday, June 10 – Friday, June 14, 2019
- For young musicians playing band and orchestra instruments, piano or voice who will be in grades 7-12 for the 2019-20 school year.
- The camp runs approximately 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. daily. Camp tuition is $250.
- On-site housing, meal ticket and private lesson options are available at additional cost.
- The camp curriculum includes small and large ensembles, music theory, camp choir, musical theatre, music appreciation, as well as master classes in string, woodwind, brass, percussion, piano, voice, jazz improvisation and more. Returning this year by popular demand is our “Total Percussion,” providing instruction on keyboard percussion, snare drumming, set playing, marching band percussion, and percussion ensemble performance for students with at least one year of percussion playing experience. Our popular “Chamber Camp Idol” skit and talent extravaganza will be performed for family and friends on Thursday night. A “Camp Finale” concert is presented on Friday evening, where Campers showcase what they have been working on over the week, and Camper awards are presented. There is no admission charge for the Finale Concert.
- Application Deadline: Friday, May 31, 2019 at 5:00 PM
- String Players Please Click Here-(Pre-Screening Auditions)
Forms and FliersQuestions: Please email BSUChamberCamp@boisestate.edu, or call (208) 426-1772. The camp director is Prof. Marcellus Brown.
Passion Flute IX
Thursday, June 20 – Monday, June 24, 2019
Four innovative teachers and virtuosic performing artists return to present an expanded 5-day, high-energy “Passion Flute 2019” Seminar. Enhance your individual skills through intensive workshops and master classes. Explore your artistic personality through creative foundations and fundamentals, morning warm-ups, repertoire development, yoga and meditation, stage presentation, and flute choir/ensembles.
Director: Dr. Nicole Molumby
Low Brass Camp
Monday June 3 – Friday June 7, 2019
The Boise State Low Brass Camp provides an environment for trombone, euphonium, and tuba students to explore their instrument and develop the proper skills needed to excel. The 2019 camp will be open to students entering grades 6-12, and graduating seniors. Students have the opportunity to break into focus groups based on their ability level. Topics addressed include chamber music, proper embouchure, breathing, tone production, musicality, ensemble playing, proper warm up techniques, instrument care, jazz improvisation, and performance art. More information can be found here:
Director: Dr. Sarah Paradis