Summer Chamber Music Camp
Monday, June 5 – Friday, June 9, 2017
- Grades 7-12, instrumental and vocal
- Tuition: $250
- On-site housing, meal ticket and private lesson options are available at additional cost. The camp curriculum includes small and large ensembles, music theory, camp choir, musical theatre, music appreciation, as well as master classes in string, woodwind, brass, percussion, piano, voice, jazz improvisation and more. Returning this year by popular demand is our “Total Percussion,” providing instruction on keyboard percussion, snare drumming, set playing, marching band percussion, and percussion ensemble performance for students with at least one year of percussion playing experience. Our popular “Chamber Camp Idol” skit and talent extravaganza will be performed for family and friends on Thursday night. A “Camp Finale” concert is presented on Friday evening, where Campers showcase what they have been working on over the week, and Camper awards are presented. There is no admission charge for the Finale Concert.
- Applications are available here, through area school music teachers, or by email at BSUChamberCamp@boisestate.edu. The application deadline is 5 p.m. on Friday, May 26, 2017
- String players are required to send a pre-screening audition recording.
- (208) 426-1772 | BSUChamberCamp@boisestate.edu.
Director: Prof. Marcellus Brown
Passion Flute Camp
Tuesday, June 13 – Sunday, June 18, 2017
Four innovative teachers and virtuosic performing artists return to present an expanded 5-day, high-energy “Passion Flute 9” Seminar. Enhance your individual skills through innovative workshops and master classes. Explore your artistic personality through creative foundations and fundamentals, morning warm-ups, repertoire development, yoga and meditation, stage presentation, and flute choir/ensembles.
Director: Dr. Nicole Molumby
Wednesday, July 5 – Saturday, July 8, 2017
The mission of the Trombone & Euphonium Camp is to provide an environment for trombone & euphonium students to make music with their peers and develop the proper skills needed to excel. The 2017 camp is open to students entering grades 6-12. Students will have the opportunity to break into focus groups based on their grade level. They may also enter Specialized clinics will cover topics like fundamentals, chamber music, warm up techniques, jazz improvisation, instrument care, proper embouchure, breathing, and buzzing.
***New this year!***
We are hosting guest artists Tromboteam! Members of Tromboteam are professional artists from across the country. They will serve as the camp faculty this summer.
We are also hosting a solo competition in 2017! Details on the camp website.
Camp activities include group warm ups, clinics, private lessons with guest artists, chamber music, and large ensemble. The camp culminates with a final concert on Saturday, July 8. Campers perform on the concert, as well as camp faculty. All activities will take place in the Morrison Center for the Performing Arts.