The Music Education program at Boise State University is committed to preparing the first-class music educators of tomorrow. If you are a passionate musician who is interested in inspiring future generations of musicians and music lovers, music education may be the right for you.
The music education program at Boise State offers:
- one-on-one mentoring from dedicated faculty as well as exceptional Treasure Valley educators with many years of K-12 teaching experience.
- a field-oriented degree that allows you to work with students in local schools while learning teaching methods hands-on.
- involvement with other students in your major through student associations such as NAfME: The National Association for Music Education.
Click here for a general overview of the B.M. Education class schedule.
- Please see information on the Department of Music Admissions Page.
- For admission, you will audition with your primary applied instrument (winds/strings/voice/piano) for the appropriate faculty. Please visit the Department of Music Auditions Page for requirements and to register for an audition date.
For any additional questions regarding Music Education at Boise State University, please contact Dr. Lori Conlon Khan at email@example.com.